ABS Scan Tool – 4 Highly Reviewed Kits
You will find a summerised version in a table form about the 4 ABS scan tools with very high reviews in case you do not want to waste your time reading through all the post in this article.
I have made the table so simple revealing the main points or the pros and cons about each of the products.
They are not arranged in any particular position or ranks because any of the 4 tools will definitely deliver in the functions that they promised.
To make an informed buying decision what you need do is scan through the table, consider the functions and deliverables, notice how much they cost then match what you need/desire in an ABS Scan Tool Kit with the right market value of the product.
Reviewing Anti-lock Braking System - 4 Highly Reviewed ABS Scan Tool Kits
Actron CP9580A Enhanced
Launch Creader CRP123
Innova 31703 Carscan Obdi
Diagnose post 1996 & new model automobiles of cars, vans, light trucks, sports utility vehicles.
Post 1996 OBD ii & CAN Compliant vehicles as well as latest models.
All OBD ii, CAN and ABS compliant vehicle models
OBDii and 1981 - 1995 OBD 1 compliant vehicles
1) Check, erase & turns off “Check Engine” and “ABS" Light.
2) LED display all-in-one screen to show 25 vital information at a time.
3) Auto data refreshing every 30 seconds to verify completed repairs.
4) Monitors Vehicle Health e.g vehicle emissions check.
5) Update & upgrade available online.
1) CodeConnect feature easily finds and fixes more than 4.3 million vehicle specific codes.
2) Compatible with ABS code coverage record.
3) Playback & record ABS code coverage data stream for on-screen graphing.
4) Comes with customized data list for live data and graph live data.
5) Freezes frame data, drive cycle mode state OBD check and printable data.
6) Trilingual support.
7) Provides generic and manufacturer specific code definitions.
1) Provides solutions for all domestic vehicles that are ABS, OBD2 & SRS compliant.
2) Provides enhanced streaming of ABS, SRS engine/transmission related data.
3) Supports all 10 OBD2 test modes, including Mode 6.
4) Used for viewing instant freeze frame data.
5) It reads & erases ABS, Airbag & engine transmission codes.
6) Perfect for professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
7) A user friendly device.
1) Reads, erases & turns opp ARS and SRS codes.
2) Comes with OBD i coverage.
3) Records & plays back OBD ii live data graphing.
4) Comes with memory and battery backups for off-the-car reviews and diagnosis.
5) Comes with on-screen code lookup library.
6) Shows enhanced engine/transmission codes.
7) Online Updates & upgrades available
Some Subaru, Mazda & Volkswagen models need the new chip set in INNOVA 3030.
Some buyers reported missing manuals.
Has no battery so only works when connected with a Data Link Connector.
Expensive compared with others.
These 4 selected scan tools are not the “top 4” but they are among the top ones in the market based on user’s who openly wrote about their experiences of the product they actually bought. Let us take a closer look at each of the tool kits and explain a little bit more about the functions and all the points reviewed from our research.
Reading engine fault codes and anti-lock brake system diagnostics requires a special piece of equipment known as an ABS scan tool. This tool reads the on-board software system of the vehicle in order to assess the reason behind the activation of an ABS warning light.
A majority of new vehicles on the market today come with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), which is a safety system that retains the required traction of a vehicle with the road when brakes are applied, preventing the wheels from locking up. Sometimes when this system is compromised, ABS warning lights are activated.
The vehicle problem denoted by an ABS warning light may vary from a simple fault, which can be easily fixed, to complicated ones, which require help from a service center or automobile mechanic shop.
There are many models of scan tools available in the market that can be used for reading and diagnosing DTC codes of OBD ii, CAN and ABS compliant vehicles. In this article, we go through some highly reviewed ABS scan tool kits to help you find the perfect one for your vehicle.
This ABS scanner code reader is very helpful for vehicle maintenance as it is compatible with all post 1996 models to the latest vehicles, which include cars, light trucks, sports utility vehicles and vans. This scanner can be used for troubleshooting warning light issues, and after making the diagnosis, you can make your own decision as to whether your vehicle needs to be towed to the garage or you can do it yourself.
INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS for OBD ii compliant vehicles is quite easy to use due to its all-in-one screen and hot keys provided on the key pad. INNOVA 3030 OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner/Code Reader with ABS for all Vehicle models is currently available in Amazon online shop at the best price you cannot find anywhere else.
- Used for checking of “Check Engine” and “ABS Light” and to erase or turn off if required.
- Patented all-in-one screen with LED display to show 25 vital pieces of information at the same time.
- Automatic refreshing of data after every thirty seconds, which helps in verifying repair completion.
- Can be used for assessing Vehicle Health Monitors for instant vehicle emissions check.
- Update-able and upgrade-able via the internet using USB cord which is included in the package.
- Vehicles such as Subaru, Mazda and Volkswagen requires the new chip set in INNOVA 3030, so do not forget to check the model of your vehicle before buying this ABS scanner.
INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS for OBD ii Vehicles consistently receives high marks and is currently priced at $53.03, which makes it an ideal choice for drivers and at-home mechanics.
This is an updated enhanced version, which is compatible with OBD II, CAN and ABS compliant vehicles. This updated version now contains 4.30 million fixes as compared to 3 million fixes in its earlier version. You can use this scanner to fix your vehicle’s problems by using verified fixes specific to the vehicle’s model, year and engine.
This scanner comes with features such as CodeConnect, Trilingual, OBD II, CAN and Expanded ABS scan tool. which can help you to fix any of your vehicle’s problems. You can use CodeConnect to diagnose the status of “Check Engine Light” and find the fix from CodeConnect database.
AutoScanner Plus helps users by indicating specific codes, with details available at CodeConnect. Actron CP9580A Enhanced AutoScanner Plus is currently available as at the time of reviewing this product.
- CodeConnect feature easily finds and prioritizes the root of the vehicle’s problems with more than 4.3 million verified fixes specific to each vehicle.
- Suitable for OBD ii and CAN Compliant vehicles, including post 1996 models as well as latest models.
- Compatible with ABS code coverage record.
- Playback and record ABS code coverage data stream for on-screen graphing.
- Comes with customized data list for live data and graph live data.
- Provides additional features, such as freeze frame data, drive cycle mode state OBD check and printable data.
- Trilingual support.
- Provides generic and manufacturer specific code definitions.
- Some of buyers have reporter missing manuals.
Actron CP9580A Enhanced AutoScanner Plus sells for relatively moderate price as compared to the functions built into it with the result it produces.
This scanner is suitable for both professionals and DIY enthusiasts. It comes with special features not available in ordinary and lower-priced OBD ii, CAN and ABS scanners. This scanner provides enhanced data stream for ABS, SRS, transmission and engine while covering all the vehicle models that are OBD ii, CAN and ABS compliant.
This scanner is the perfect choice for the technicians looking for a machine that is much more sophisticated than traditional ABS/SRS readers as it provides more functionality. Launch Tech 301050116 ‘CRP123’ ABS, SRS, Transmission and Engine Code Scanner is currently available with lots of good reviews from customers at the Amazon market place.
- Provides solutions for all types of domestic, Asian and European manufactured vehicles that are ABS, OBD ii and SRS compliant.
- Provides enhanced streaming of ABS, SRS, engine and transmission related data.
- Provides support for all ten test modes of OBD ii. including OBD ii Mode 6.
- Can be used for viewing instant freeze frame data.
- Can be used for reading and erasing engine, transmission, ABS and airbag codes.
- Launch Tech 301050116 ‘CRP123’ ABS, SRS, Transmission and Engine Code Scanner do not have an internal battery so it only works when connected with a Data Link Connector.
Launch Tech 301050116 ‘CRP123’ ABS, SRS, Transmission and Engine Code Scanner is a user friendly device on the market. You can see best price on Amazon website.
Innova 31703 CarScan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool
This scanner helps in retrieving Enhanced and Transmission diagnostic codes. Innova 31703 CarScan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool is compatible with both OBD ii compliant vehicles as well as some of the most popular modes manufactured from 1981 to 1995 and are OBD 1 compliant, too.
This scanner helps in reading and erasing ABS and SRS codes. Innova 31703 CarScan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool displays, records and plays OBD ii live data graphing, along with showing freeze-frame data displaying multiple PID snapshots of the vehicle when the code is set. This scan tool is currently available for almost three hundred dollars.
- Used for checking of ARS and SRS codes; erases or turns off if required.
- Comes with OBD i coverage.
- Displays, records and playbacks OBD ii live data graphing.
- Comes with memory and battery backups for off-the-car reviews and diagnosis.
- Comes with on-screen code definitions in a lookup library.
- Displays enhanced engine and transmission codes.
- Update-able and upgrad-able via internet.
- Innova 31703 CarScan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool is relatively expensive when compared with other scanners with similar features.
Innova 31703 CarScan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool is compatible with most of OBD 1 compliant vehicles along with all OBD ii compliant vehicles. With a little discount price, it may be a good buy.
These are some of the top-ranking ABS scanners on the market.. Each of these models comes with its own unique features and designs, but the function remains the same: to read and diagnose DTC codes and run ABS Diagnostics on your vehicle.
By investing in any of these products, you can save a lot of money as you identify the problem plaguing your vehicle rather than going straight to a service garage.
While using any of the ABS scan tools, keep in mind that ABS codes can only help you identify problems; it does not specifically provide information regarding which part should be replaced to fix the problem. If you feel that you are not able to handle the issue yourself, then opt for the services of a service center.