Autel AL519 Autolink Enhanced OBDII Scan Tool Review
When looking for an obdii automobile engine code reader, out there you will find hundreds, if not thousands, of automotive car scanners in the market at your beck and call. However, with so many choices, of several brands with different model types it could sometimes become difficult as to which one you think would be the best for your vehicle.
That’s why we intend to make life easier for you by going out to make every research necessary and getting a review done on Autel autolink AL519 enhanced obdii scan tool with mode 6 scan tool.
According to our research, this auto code reader and scanner is a top quality scan tool that usually comes with a colored screen. In addition to helping you save time in finding car fault codes to determine what is possibly wrong with your vehicle, it also have thousands of troubleshooting tips that will help you actually fix the problem diagnosed by yourself.
Why We Chose Autel AutoLink AL519 Enhanced obdii Scan Tool (Scanner) with Mode 6 Fault Code Reader EOBD
We were simply looking for a code reader scanner that will be able to provide all the professional data readings that we required. On the other hand, we also did not want it to cost a fortune. After all, it will be of no good to spend hard earned cash on something that would not be able to last long enough.
That’s why we decided to go ahead and buy the Autel brand, that is, Autolink AL519, since it was among other professional diagnostic tools priced under 100 dollars.
The day the package arrived; I was instantly taken aback and captivated by the red color under the molded plastic cover. Unwrapping the package, I found it to be quite small in size – another thing I was quite impressed with.
Autel AutoLink AL519 Accessories
The package came with some useful accessories such as a long hookup OBD2 cable, a handy case, CD to download the software, and a USB cord. However, as I began to go through the autel autolink al519 manual, I found the instructions to be sketchy and thin. This is because there were so many questions that required answers or directions which I was unable to find them.
As for the CD which was included for the software download, I found that to be quite a breeze. This is because all I had to do was insert the CD and follow the instructions to the dot. I first thought I don’t have the need to install the software on my computer but I later realized that it would be better if I did have the software.
This is because it would allow me constant access to all the diverse and wide range of troubleshooting tips that have been included in it. In addition, with new updates rolling in every once in a while, it would mean that my diagnostic scan tool would also remain updated rather than being left in the dust.
Autolink al519 Features
- You would be able to find an I/M readiness feature which would allow you to perform quick checks on emission readiness and drive cycle
- The device would be able to retrieve information regarding car manufacturer, information on the vehicle such as CIN, VIN, and CVN, along with pending codes
- It could turn off the indicator light for malfunctioning systems. After that, it would clear error codes and then reset all the monitors
- You would find this scan tool to be portable and compact which means you would be able to carry it anywhere
- Ability to read and record live sensor data. Playback function would also be available
- View freeze frame information and read PCM data stream
- Menu and DTC definitions would be written in many languages, including Spanish, French, and English
- The system would be updateable via the internet. In addition, you would also be able to print all retrieved information and codes by using your PPC.
Testing The autel AL519 Autolink Enhanced obd2 Scanner
In order to test the credibility of this diagnostic scan tool, I actually had to put it to test. Even though I was previously using the older version of the same brand, I was quite excited to see what this new one had to offer. Surprisingly, it lived up to my expectations. This is because it seemed to work on the majority of cars that I had in my workshop without encountering glitches of any sort.
However, when I was working on a 2007 GMC pickup, that is when I came across my first problem. While I did try fixing it on my own, I could not come up with successful results. It was then that I called up Autel to report the issue. They were able to inform me that it had some problems linking with older GM vehicles. The good part is that the support team promised me that they would be upgrading their software in a year’s time and I would not have to face the same problem anymore.
So, other than these minor hiccups that I had to face, I found that it seemed to work quite well with the other cars that I had in my garage. In fact, I found some of the features to be quite outstanding such as the TFT color display, the original One-Click I/M readiness key, and the built in speaker. The combination of both audible and visual capacity for readiness verification was something special to show off to all the customers that visited my garage.
- Contains both manufacturer and generic codes which would allow you to repair various faults on different cars
- The tool would require only plugging which means that you would be able to move quickly without facing trouble of any sort
- The design of the scanner is commendable
- Comes at an incredible price
- Contains a battery for backup
- Easy to use and readiness of the keypads.
- It does not update its database online
- The company portal no longer supported the OBD2 tool of this version
- The tool has been found to be scanty with its range of information at times which makes the task at hand sometimes difficult and confusing
- Mismatch in power requirements.
Our Final verdict of Autel AL519 AutoLink Enhanced OBD ll Scan Tool with Mode 6 Fault Code Reader EOBD
Therefore, that brings us to the end of the Autel AL519 review. For most people, it has been found to be a great OBD2 scanner. In addition to it being portable, easy to use, and relatively affordable, there are a whole other range of perks that you would be able to find with it. It does the job that it promises to do and would be reliable enough to allow most people to scan their vehicles. Also, it tends to come with some nice extra features such as the required OBD2 cable, a fabric storage case, software CD, and the USB cable.
In terms of the price, you would easily be able to understand that a much better performance and quality is being offered. The troubleshooting tips and color screen would also be great features that would make this scan tool a joy to use.
Thus, this OBD2 scan tool with mode 6 fault code reader would be able to save you both time and money. This is because it tends to have all the features of both a basic and professional scan tool. This would also be perfect if you are looking for sometime in the mid-price range.