Autel Maxidas DS708 Review & Comparison
The Autel Maxidas DS708 can be a great addition to you garage tools as you can use this state-of-the-art car diagnostic device to access and diagnose Diagnostic Trouble Codes of your OBD 2 compliant vehicle.
Apart from checking the faults plaguing your vehicle, the Autel Maxidas DS 708 can be also used for monitoring the smooth functioning of the engine, chassis, electrical system and inspection maintenance procedures of your vehicle.
You can easily get information about DTCs also the reason behind activating of MLS and erasing them, if necessary, is a breeze. The Autel (AULDS708TPR) MaxiDas DS708 Automotive Diagnostic system is currently available for less than $900.
The Autel Maxidas DS708 is one of the top selling OBD 2 diagnostic tools available on the market and it is quite popular due to its compact design and state-of-the-art technology. This type of scanner is useful for both expert mechanics as well as for DIY car owners who like to take care of their vehicles. You can use this scanner to assess what is wrong with your vehicle when faced with certain problems, even while on the move because it is portable.
This scanner is quite easy to use—just plug it into the information port provided in your vehicle and the scanner will access and decode the information provided by the onboard diagnostic system. After assessing these codes, you can make your decision whether you want to take your car to a service station in your free time or get it towed right away if there is some serious engine trouble plaguing it, as further driving can result in serious engine damage.
Some of the other salient features associated with Autel Maxidas DS 708 are:
- Expertly developed by the distinguished industry professionals.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic system that provides accurate, stable, comprehensive, easier and faster diagnosis of the vehicle.
- Also covers deep vehicle coverage for all electric systems of the vehicles.
- Automatic Wi-Fi updates available for this model.
- Comes with innovative dual processor technology for faster diagnostics and quick boot-up.
- More stable performance and better compatibility due to usage of genuine Windows CE operating system.
- Wireless access due to Wi-Fi internet capability.
- Advanced USB communication system for fast and accurate diagnostics.
- Easy to use: touch screen and intuitive operation.
- Fitted with 7 inch 800×480 pixel screen for better viewing of tests, graphs and web page results.
- Unique, tough ergonomic design that involves multi-layered rubber protection and strong housing to keep this device safe from accidental damage.
While considering this vehicle diagnostic device, you should also go through the pros and cons related with this scanner in order to make a proper choice while opting for the best option for the proper care of your vehicle.
- Compatible with all types of OBD 2 compliant vehicles and supports all 5 OBD 2 protocols and all of the ten test modes.
- Comes with OBD16 Dl cable and connector.
- Extensive vehicle coverage from United States, Asia and Europe.
- One Machine One language model; if you require a certain language such as Spanish, French, German or Russian, it is available at request.
- Availability of internet explorer for using internet resource of your choice.
- Deep vehicle system coverage for all models of OBD 2 compliant vehicles.
- Comes with sensor initializations, ECU Adaption and coding/module set up functionality.
- Provides immobilizers, key coding functionality and component activation testing.
- Provides complete functionality, which includes live data and module coding.
- Can be used for capturing, saving and printing vehicle screenshots.
- Provides live data in text, graph and analog form for easy data review.
- Can be used for recording and playing live data of the vehicle to troubleshoot problems related with sensors and components.
- Wi-Fi data logging for quick and accurate diagnosis of the fault.
- Comes with built-in overvoltage protection.
- Can be used for remote diagnosis for demonstration and training.
- A small number of people who reviewed this product have complained about the manual provided in the package, saying it provides only basic information and the website has only basic setup operations, along with a slow download speed.
If we consider all the features, pros and cons related with the Autel Maxidas DS 708, overall this is a good product for taking appropriate care of your vehicle. This automotive diagnostic scanner helps in accessing and studying the DTCs along with reasons behind the MLS activation. You can also use this device to erase the DTCs and MLS if required. The DS 708 automotive scanner tool comes in a handy and compact design, which makes it quite easy to carry along. You can save a lot of money by going through the above mentioned scans by using this device as service stations usually charge more than $60 for each diagnostic scan.
Post 1995, all vehicles (cars, mini vans, SUVs, and pickup trucks) started using on-board diagnostic systems. Assess the diagnostic system of your vehicle requires an automotive scan tool, which is an electronic device that can be attached with an OBD 2 port to read and diagnose the DTCs (Diagnostic trouble codes) as well as activate the MLS (Malfunction Indicator Lamp).
Autel Maxidas ds708 Comparison:
Maxidas DS 708 With Same Brand Comparison
Maxidas DS 708 With Other Brands Comparison
If we compare Autel Maxidas DS708 automotive diagnostic system with the other products in the same category such as Launch Tech 301050116 ‘CRP123’ ABS, SRS, Transmission and Engine Code Scanner or Genisys 3875 EVO OBD II 2012 Domestic/Asian /2011 European with System 5.0, the first thing which comes to the notice is the differences of price range between these three products.
Launch Tech ‘CRP123’ ABS, SRS, Transmission and Engine Code Scanner is currently available at a price that is less than $200.00. Here is the Best Price now on Amazon right now
While Genisys 3875 EVO OBD II is currently available for less than $1,120.00. Here is the Best Price now on Amazon right now
Secondly, the design of the Launch Tech 301050116 ‘CRP123’ is somewhat similar to that of the Autel Maxidas DS 708, but as far as functions are concerned, the latter is much more sophisticated than the former.
For example, the Autel Maxidas supports all 5 OBD 2 protocols and all of the ten test modes, while Launch Tech 301050116 ‘CRP123’ supports all the 10 test modes of OBD 2 and only one enhanced OBD 2 Mode 6.
If we compare the Maxidas DS708 with Genisys 3875, the Autel product is compatible with all of the OBD 2 compliant vehicles; but the same cannot be said in the case of the Genisys brand, extra OEM cables are required for certain vehicle functions. You have to pay/buy additional cables, which makes this scanner even more expensive. See our full OTC Genisys 3875 EVO Review
If we consider all the differences mentioned above, then the Autel Maxidas DS 708 is a much better choice than the other two diagnostic devices.
|Genisys OTC3875 EVO||
Genisys EVO 3875 Domestic/Asian/European with System 5.0
Genisys EVO featuring the System 5.0 with over 30 Million experienced-based Confirmed Fixes from Identifix on the tool
More than 30 years of USA Domestic, Asian and European software coverage including Pathfinder Repair Information, Infotech Component information Software and Automated System Test
Includes OBD II Smart cable, manuals, and carrying case
Additional OEM cables may be required for certain vehicle system functions
How To Use MaxiDAS DS708 To Diagnose And Fix A Car’s Fault