4 Top Rated Best Scan Tool Review For Car Owners
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases in form of commission or other compensation from the links on this page, at no additional cost to you. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
- BMW Warning Lights: Safety Dashboard Symbols To Know - April 24, 2020
- Best OBD2 Scanner With ABS And SRS Functions (Reviews & Guide) - December 2, 2019
- What Should Tire Pressure be on a Car? (FAQ) - November 23, 2019
Automobile Owners Best Scan Tool Reviews
Maybe you have limited time but you need to quickly grasp as much information about the best scan tool for car drivers that will probably work best for you in terms of price and functionality. I have made it very easy for you to see the top rated car diag. scanners in the market.
The table below highlights the main features with the pro and cons of our top picks after a thorough research and if you want to get more details you can read through the remaining reviews on the post.
Our #1 is ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth largely because it’s cheap with it’s unique hack proof technology
Our #2 is the BlueDriver – Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool if you have a little more to spend for more features. Moreso it can be used on both Android & iOS.
[table id=6 /]
With the advancement in the technology in manufacturing safe and efficient vehicles, maintaining and diagnosing car trouble is now getting more sophisticated.I In order to help owners and mechanics to easily examine problems plaguing a vehicle, intricate on-board diagnostic computers were designed, and now all the new models come fitted with such systems.
Apart from checking the faults plaguing your vehicle, some of these obd ii diagnostic scanners can be also used for monitoring and maintain the smooth functioning of the engine, chassis, electrical system and inspection maintenance procedures of your vehicle.
In this extensive review, we go through some of the best scan tool that are worth having.
The ScanTool 425801 is designed to accurately diagnose engine trouble while providing real time engine data. This diagnostic scanner is compatible with all OBD 2 compliant vehicles. In order to access the data related to your vehicle with the ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB, you need a Windows PC.
Once attached to the OBD port of your vehicle, you can use your PC to access and diagnose different parameters of your vehicle. It is a sophisticated but easy way to use a scanning/diagnostic system that is compatible with Windows PCs, laptops and netbooks.
The ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: OBD Adapter/Diagnostic Scanner for Windows is very affordable in most market place in both shops and online. But you will find the best price from the website where most people buy from online, that is, amazon.
Things we like about it:
- Can be used for transforming your Windows PC, laptop or tablet into a diagnostic tool with high quality graphics and creating custom digital dashboards.
- Can be used for reading and diagnosing DTCs and erasing MIL and other trouble codes if required.
- Can be used for accessing freeze frame information.
- Can be used for measuring and getting instant feedback for fuel efficiency.
- Comes with over voltage protection, which prevents it from catching fire during a load dump situation.
- Features a battery saver sleep mode for maintaining life of the car battery.
- Comes with three year manufacturer’s warranty.
Things we don’t like about it:
- The apps compatibility is limited to be used with PCs, laptops & tablets. You can’t use it with Android operating systems.
- It may be stressful to carry laptops and Computers around (if you have one) as they are heavy instruments compared with tablets.
The ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB is a useful diagnostic tool that can be used for quickly and accurately diagnosing engine troubles and checking performance parameters of OBD compliant vehicles. It is a good buying option.
This Bluetooth scanner can be used with Android phones or Windows based computers. The BAFX Products – Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool is compatible with post 1996 vehicles and new models which are OBD 2 compliant.
You can use this scanner to retrieve DTCs, check and reset MIL and study many statistics related with performance of your vehicle. This scanner can be also used for checking emission readiness, but it requires certain software.
You ca n find BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool currently available at a reasonable price when you browse the internet. But you’ll Find Your Best Buy Here
- Compatible with all vehicles available in the United States.
- Can be used for reading DTCs, which include both generic and manufacturer specific codes, along with their definitions.
- Checks and clears MIL status.
- Comes with one year limited manufacturer warranty.
- The BAFX Products – Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool can be used only with the OBDII system, which does not include the ABS, SRS, Stability or Regular Maintenance lights.
This car diagnostic scanner is perfect for people who own android devices. If you want to use your Windows device, then you will need to buy a special application or computer program.
This scan tool can be categorized as a professional diagnostic scan tool, which uses Bluetooth technology to access and diagnose DTCs. The Blue driver is compatible with all OBD 2 compliant vehicles and can be used with iPhone, iPad and Android devices. This product is developed by professional engineers from the United States and licensed/certified for Android and Apple devices.
The two basic components of this scanning tool are the BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor, which work together to produce quality results. You can use your existing Smartphone or tablet to work in tandem with this device.
The BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 Scan Tool for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android is currently available for less than a $100.
- Reads and erases DTCs, including confirmed Check Engine Codes, pending check engine codes and enhanced codes.
- Prepares repair reports for each DTC and provides information regarding the vehicle, such as code definition, possible causes and top solutions.
- Viewing freeze frame data of your vehicle.
- Checking your vehicle for smog emission test.
- Providing advanced test results for OBD 2 system monitors.
- Capturing and sharing live data report of your vehicle.
- Some users encountered difficulty with the scanner not reading or displaying airbag codes or ABS codes for certain car models, even though they are OBD 2 compliant.
This is quite an effective device to help monitor the normal functioning of your car as well as check your vehicle for emissions inspection. You can scan your vehicle’s emissions and make appropriate repairs before heading out for official tests.
The ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth can be defined as a diagnostic scan device, trip computer, logging device and real time vehicle performance reader. This compact scanner comes with big features, such as intelligent sleep mode, hacker proof design, third party app support, lifetime firmware and software updates.
The hacking proof design of this device uses strong encryption and does not broadcast its presence. It also makes hacking more difficult as it requires a not-so-easy-to-guess PIN to protect the communication link. You can also use this device to create a custom live dashboard on your Smartphone to gauge the normal functioning of your vehicle.
This device is compatible with OBD 2 compliant vehicles and also supports other OBD 2 variants such as EOBD and JOBD. The ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth is just right for the cost, it’s neither pricey nor cheap.
- Transforms your Windows and Android devices into a diagnostic tool with high quality graphics; creates custom digital dashboards.
- Reads and diagnoses DTCs and erases MIL and other trouble codes if needed.
- Grabs freeze frame information.
- Comes with free Android app and Windows software, which are compatible with Torque and DashCommand.
- Comes with overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire during a load dump situation.
- Easy to Install.
- Has a battery saver sleep mode for maintaining life of the car battery.
- Some users complain this device is not compatible with some of the JOBD compliant vehicles.
The ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth can provide accurate readings and efficiently gauge multiple settings of OBD 2 compliant vehicles. It comes with strong Bluetooth encryption, which makes it virtually hack proof. This scanner is a good bargain at its current discounted price.
In 1995, OBD 2 compliance was made mandatory and all vehicles including cars, mini vans, SUVs, and pickup trucks started using on-board diagnostic systems. In order to assess the diagnostic system of your vehicle, you need an automobile diagnostic scanner, which is an electronic device that can be attached to an OBD 2 port to read and diagnose the DTCs (Diagnostic trouble codes).
With the passage of time, technological changes have made cheaper and more affordable models of car diagnosing tools available to both car owners and mechanics. Even today, the quality and functionality of an automotive scanner depends upon the price and technology used in it. There are some relatively cheap models available on the market that can only read and list DTCs.
On the other hand, if you want your scanner to be more efficient and user friendly; have the ability to read codes; diagnose the problem and monitor I/M procedures, then you have to shell out a little bit more. Considering the current prices and features associated with the scanner discussed above, the ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth is the best choice because of its affordable price and unique hack -proof design.
If you are willing to spend a little bit more, then the BlueDriver – Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool is the second choice, as it is licensed for Android and Apple devices. If you already have Android or Windows devices, then opt for the BAFX Products – Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool or ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB.