Car Code Scanner – 4 Cheap Code Readers For DIYers
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases in form of commission or other compensation from the links on this page, at no additional cost to you. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
- BMW Warning Lights: Safety Dashboard Symbols To Know - April 24, 2020
- Best OBD2 Scanner With ABS And SRS Functions (Reviews & Guide) - December 2, 2019
- What Should Tire Pressure be on a Car? (FAQ) - November 23, 2019
End Vehicle Trouble Codes With A Car Code Scanner
To check the reason behind the activation of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp or to check the health parameters of your OBD 2 compliant vehicle, you need a suitable car code scanner. There are a variety of such scanners available in the market and their basic functions include reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes, diagnosing the problems and erasing the codes if required. If you want a more sophisticated auto diagnostic scanner with other significant functions, then you should opt for a higher-end scanner at a premium price. In order to help you find a perfect car code scan tool for your vehicle, we have examined some of the popular products under this category.
This scanner comes with a backlit color screen for ease of viewing. This diagnostic scanner code reader is very helpful for vehicle maintenance as it is compatible with all post 1996 models to the latest vehicles, which include cars, light trucks, sports utility vehicles and vans. Innova 3040c New Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader can be used for troubleshooting MIL issues and, after making the diagnosis, you can make your own decision regarding the nature and level of the breakdown. This scanner is quite easy to use due to its all-in-one screen and hot keys that are provided on the key pad. Innova 3040c New Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader is currently available at a price of under a $100.
- Compatible with all types of OBD 2 compliant vehicles, including CAN Protocols.
- Works as a support and diagnostic system for misfire, comprehensive components, EGR system, Oxygen sensor and many more.
- Can be used for reading, diagnosing and switching off MIL if required.
- Can be used for reading Freeze Frame Data, I/M reading status and live data of the vehicle.
- Can be used for accessing vehicle information.
- Onscreen DTC definition, no extra search required.
- Some user of the Innova 3040c New Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with Live Data had issues regarding customer service.
Innova 3040c New Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with Live Data is perfect entry level car scanner. It is a good bargain if you are looking for scanner under $100.
The Buke U581 CAN OBDII EOBDII Memo Scanner is compatible with post 1996 vehicles, along with the new ones, which are OBD2 compliant, including VPW, PWM, ISO, KWP 2000 and CAN protocols. This is a highly reliable and accurate piece of machinery that can help you read and diagnose the problems related to your vehicle.
It is quite easy to use, with only one plug that has to be connected to the OBD port provided in your vehicle; and with just a click of a button, you can temporarily clear all the error codes and make necessary adjustments. Upon activation of this scanner, this device clears all the data and switches off the MIL temporarily.
If you are not confident in dealing with the problem, you should take your vehicle to the service station for a permanent solution. The Buke U581 CAN OBDII EOBDII Memo Scanner (Live Data) is currently available for less than $50.
- Safely deals with on-board computer system of the vehicle to provide highly reliable data.
- Can be used for reading and clearing generic, as well as manufacturer specific DTCs.
- Can be used for accessing Freeze Frame Data, I/M status, vehicle information and rescanning the data.
- Compact and rugged design.
- Fitted with 144-color single chip SOC driver for TFT liquid crystal display.
- Some buyers had issues with this scanner not supporting some of the models of OBD 2 compliant vehicles.
In general, the Buke U581 CAN OBDII EOBDII Memo Scanner is a good device and worth the price.
Glam Hobby Car Vehicle Engine Fault Diagnostic Scanner Auto Code Reader Obd2 Eobd Odbii CAN Tool Ms509
This diagnostic scanner is compatible with all of OBD 2 and EOBD compliant vehicles. Apart from the vehicles produced in the United States after 1996, European and Asian vehicles, which are OBD 2 compliant, can also be accessed by this device. This device can be used for accessing generic and manufacturer specific DTCs, which can be further diagnosed by using a built-in DTC lookup library. This device also supports CAN protocols. The Glam Hobby Car Vehicle Engine Fault Diagnostic Scanner also has other functions, like retrieving live data stream, O2 sensor data, graph data, and comes with memory backup for off-vehicle data review and diagnosis. This scanner is currently available at price of $42.98.
- Supports all nine OBD 2 test modes.
- State-of-the-art technology but easy to use.
- Can be used for determining the reason behind MIL activation.
- Displays DTC definitions on the screen, no extra manual required.
- Performs module present test along with retrieving vehicle information.
- Large backlit LCD screen for easy viewing.
- The software for this product is not upgradeable.
The Glam Hobby Car Vehicle Engine Fault Diagnostic Scanner Auto Code Reader Obd2 Eobd Odbii CAN Tool Ms509 is quite suitable for both DIY enthusiasts as well as mechanics for accessing the onboard computer system of OBD 2 compliant vehicles.
When using this diagnostic scanner, you can read and erase both generic and manufacturer specific DTCs. This scanner is compatible with a majority of the OBD 2 compliant vehicles. The Xtool Universal U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner can also be used for finding the problems plagued by electronically controlled systems of the vehicle. You can use this scanner to retrieve the DTC and then use the attached manual to find the solution for the trouble ailing your vehicle. The Xtool Universal U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner is currently sells for $16.50.
- Can be used for retrieving the vehicle identification number from 2002 and newer vehicles.
- Single plug in for ease of use.
- Quite small in size, which makes it very portable.
- Comes with crystal clear backlit LCD screen.
- Does not require any other additional device for accessing DTCs.
- No extra batteries required for power.
- Highly reliable and accurate.
- The Xtool Universal U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner does not have onboard DTC lookup library.
The Xtool Universal U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner is one of the cheapest devices in its category and has the ability to save a whole lot of time and money by narrowing down the real reason behind the problem with your vehicle.
All the car code scanners discussed above have their own unique features. You can choose any one of these scanner to access and diagnose the DTCs related to your car. If you are a fairly competent DIY enthusiast with experience in engine work, you still need a good scanner or code reader so that you can understand exactly what is wrong with your vehicle.
By using any top rated scanners, you can save a whole lot of money and time as you can easily diagnose the problem and make an appropriate and informed decision whether it requires professional help from a mechanic or it is a little job you can do yourself.