Raving OBDii Scanner Products Right Now – Best 4 Reviews
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases in form of commission or other compensation from the links on this page, at no additional cost to you. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
- BMW Warning Lights: Safety Dashboard Symbols To Know - April 24, 2020
- Best OBD2 Scanner With ABS And SRS Functions (Reviews & Guide) - December 2, 2019
- What Should Tire Pressure be on a Car? (FAQ) - November 23, 2019
4 Popular OBD2 Scanner Reviews
In order to assess the OBDii system of the vehicle, you need OBD2 scanner that can read the data provided by this system. OBD ii scanners are available in two versions: Code Readers and Scan Tools.
As the name suggests, Code Readers are only used for reading and clearing codes while Scan Tools are used for assessing both live and recorded data, directional controls and other functions related with engine control.
In this best OBDii scanners reviews, we go through some of the top models of scanners available.
This scanner is compatible for all 1996 and OBD ii compliant cars and trucks. This device comes with multilingual menu and you can access all the DTC definitions on the unit screen of this scanner. This device can be used for:
- Collecting vehicle information.
- Identifying pending codes.
- Viewing freeze frame data.
- Diagnosing the cause of Check Engine Light.
Watch how it was used to fix check engine light signal & caused this car to flip into “limp mode”.
This system comes fitted with a built-in OBD ii DTC library and its software can be easily upgraded by using internet services. The Autel MaxiScan MS409 OBD-II/EOBD Scanner sells for $69.45.
- Retrieves both generic and manufacturer specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
- Comes fitted with large LCD Screen for ease of viewing.
- Displays monitor and I/M readiness status and turns off MIL light.
- Clears codes and resets monitor.
- Compatible with American, European and Asian vehicles compliant with OBD ii protocols.
- The Autel MaxiScan MS409 OBD-II/EOBD Scanner is relatively cheap, making this device very attractive for people who are looking to buy an OBD ii scanner but don’t want to spend too much.
The Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner is compatible with all vehicle brands such as General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan and BMW—post 1996 models. This scanner provides you with the ability to diagnose your vehicle’s problems so you can find out what is really wrong with your vehicle before opting for a repair.
As it comes with CAN protocol support, it can be used with a wider range of vehicles. You can use this scanner to turn off MIL, clear DTC codes and reset OBD2 monitor status. The Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader Tool Vehicle Diagnostic OBDII OBD/EOBD Auto Scanner Tool VS550 is currently available at a price of $44.30.
- Displays Generic Codes P0, P2, P3, U0 and Manufacturer Specific Codes P1, P3, and U1.
- Displays OBD2 monitor and I/M readiness Status.
- Detects OBD-II Freeze Frame Information.
- Assesses live PCM data stream.
- Shows live O2 sensor test data.
- Features a Modules Present Test.
- Supports Controller Area Network and all other current OBD-II protocols.
- Comes with built-in OBD-II DTC lookup library.
- Not many reviews, from verified customers, are available for this product.
This scanner is a great money-saving device that helps you determine what is wrong with your car before opting for repairs. You can even check whether the required repair had been completed during the service.
This is one of the cheapest models of OBD ii readers on the market. This code reader is compatible with all vehicles with OBD ii protocol, including Controller Area Network Protocol. This scanner is quite small in size and still has the capacity to perform all the functions that are available with other expensive products of the same category.
You can use this code reader to check the emission readiness status of OBD monitors as well as to diagnose the malfunction indicator lamp status. If you are satisfied with the outcome of the check up, then you can use this device to turn off the Check Engine Light.
The scanner also comes with a compact disc with a compilation of more than 7,000 DTC defined codes. The Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles currently sells for $17.92.
- Retrieving generic and manufacturer specific DTC codes.
- Comes with definition lookup software on separate compact disc.
- Fitted with easy-to-read backlit LCD screen.
- Multilingual menu.
- Package also includes 16-pin OBD ii connector.
- Checks VIN for post 2002 vehicle models.
- Some users find the manual provided with the product lacks information.
At the current price, the Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles is a good buy as it provides you with the basic scans and readings related to an OBD ii complaint vehicle. It can also help you to save a lot of money in the long run.
This scanner code reader is very helpful for vehicle maintenance as it is compatible with all post 1996 models to the latest vehicles, which include cars, light trucks, sports utility vehicles and vans. This scanner can be used for troubleshooting warning light issues, and after making the diagnosis, you can make your own decision whether your vehicle needs to be towed to the garage or it is a simple matter fix you can handle.
The INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader is quite easy to use because of its all-in-one screen and the hot keys that are provided on the key pad. The INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS and Battery Backup for OBD2 Vehicles is currently available for $98.73.
- Checks “Check Engine” light, State Emission readiness and drive cycle verification.
- Patented all-in-one screen with LED display.
- Data automatically refreshes every thirty seconds, which helps in verifying repair completion.
- Comes with battery backup for off-the-car review, discussion and analysis of existing problem.
- When resetting the “Check Engine” code, you cannot accomplish it without wiping all of the memory from the scanner.
The INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS and Battery Backup for OBD2 Vehicles consistently receives high marks, making it an ideal choice for car owners looking for an OBD ii scanner.
Today, most of the motor vehicles come fitted with On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) systems. Since the early 1980s, OBD-I and OBD-1.5 were used, but beyond 1995, the newer and more improved OBD ii systems have been used in a majority of vehicles.
OBD ii is a standardized system with certain specifications required by the Society of Automotive engineers and was first introduced by the California Air resource board. This system helps the owners of trucks and cars diagnose software-related problems of their vehicles
All of the OBD ii scanners discussed above have their own unique features and are available at different price ranges. These scanners can help you to save a lot of time, money and stress as you can use any of these models to diagnose the trouble ailing your vehicle and make an appropriate decision based on the severity of the malfunction.
If you feel that you can easily fix the existing problem, then you can opt to do it yourself; otherwise, you can seek a professional’s help. Even after the repairs from the garage, you can use your scanner to check whether all the problems have been fixed.